1. Dr. gopi chand bhargava is 1st CM of Punjab
2. Justice gurnam singh first akali chief minister of Punjab
3. Chairman of Punjab state human rights commission: justice R.S.Mongia
4. President of Punjab Pradesh congress committee: Amarinder Singh
5. President of hockey Punjab: Sukhbir Singh Badal
6. Director of National institute of agricultural Biotechnology, Mohali: Dr Rakesh Tuli
7. President of Punjab Olympic association : Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa
8. Chief justice of Punjab & Haryana high court :- Mukul Mudgul
9. President of SGPC: Avtar singh Makkar
10. 1st governor of Punjab: chandulala madhavlal trivedi
11. 1st speaker of Punjab legislative assembly: s. kapur singh
Latitude 29’30 N to32’32”
Longitude 73’55” E to 76’50”
13. Area 50,362 sq km (1.54% of total geographical area of India)
14. Forest area 6.12% of the total area of the state
15. 4 divisions of Punjab
Jalandhar, Patiala, Firozpur, Faridkot
16. Balram jakhar was 1st asian to be selected as chairman of commonwealth parliamentarian executive forum.
17. Bhagat puran singh is know as Punjab’s “ Bearded mother Teresa “
18. Surinder kaur is popularly known as “Nightingale of Punjab”
19. Surjit singh barnala is the author of book “My other Two Daughters”
20. Amrita pritam was the 1st woman to win sahitya akademi awards
21. Shiv kumar batalavi is the youngest recipient of sahitya akademi awards
22. Baba ala singh was the founder of Patiala city in 1763 AD
23. National institute of sports is located at Patiala
24. giani gurmukh singh musafir was the first CM after the lingustic reorganization of Punjab
25. Baba kharak singh was 1st president of SGPC
26. IN 1951 president’s rule was imposed for first time in Punjab
27. Shivraj patil is current governer of Punjab
28. Parkash dingh badal is present CM of Punjab(4th time)
29. Indian Olympic Association Vice President Sardar Tarlochan Singh has been conferred with ‘The Jewel of Punjab’ award – a life-time achievement .
30. Punjab accord was signed b/w Harchand Singh Longowal and Rajiv Gandhi
31. Duleep Singh was the last Sikh ruler of Punjab
32. Kharak Singh was the immediate successor of Ranjit Singh
33. Who constructed Takht Patna Sahib and Takht Hazur sahib
Maharaja Ranjit singh
34. Who laid the foundation of Harimandir Sahib(Golden Temple) ?
Hazrat mian mir
Hazrat mian mir
35. Miss Arshdeep kaur(from Canda) become miss world Punjabi 2010.
36. Punjab will have a second international cricket stadium at burlton park in jalandhar by 2011.
37. Ropar has become the 1st district of d country to launch d District Monitoring System Scheme
38. Punjab is the only state that had set up separate police station for NRIs
39. Chairman of punjab governce reorms commission in augrated punjabs first centre for E-Governce at Landran(MOHALI)
40. Prof. Laxmi Kant chawla, health & family welfare minister(punjab) has got jhansi ki rani laxmi bai award(at Gwalior)
41. Prakash singh Badal declared Sultanpur lodhi in kapurthala distric a holy town in veiw of its religious & historical Significance
42. Punjabi university,patiala has attained d Distinction of being the 1st univ. in the region to enroll student,gurvinder singh dhaliwal for PhD from canada through video-conferencing.
43. AKHAR: A Roman-Punjabi word processing toolkit.
44. The state of new mexico,5th largest constituent of USA,has offered to enter into an agrrement with Punjab Granting the Status of ”SISITER STATE”
45. Punjabi language has now become the second lanuage in the state of Haryana.
46. Punjab govnerment declared 2011 as “YEAR OF TRANSFORMATION”
47. First evening court of punjab was inaugurated at Jalandhar follwed by Amritsar,Ludhiana and Patiala.
48. Sukhbir singh Badal – Manoranjab Kalia committee on Resources Mobilization
49. Director of PGI : KK Talwar
50. Chairman of Punjab state Backward Classes commission : Kirpal Singh Badunger